School Resume : School Start Times Essay
A. Everyone wants to do good and school and continue on to a good college.
B. Students soon realize once in high school that their work would interfere with their sleep.
C. Schools around the world should start later than usual and instead of starting at 7:30 they should start around 8:30-9. II. School starting times
A. What time most schools start.
• “Fewer than 1 in 5 middle and high schools in the U.S. began the school day at the recommended 8:30 AM start time or later during the 2011-2012 school year, according to data published today in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report” (USDHHS).
• “42 states reported that 75-100 percent of the public schools in their respective states started before 8:30 AM” (USDHHS).
B. What time most schools should start.
• “The Congresswoman added. "We must encourage schools to push back their start times to at least 8:30 a.m. — a schedule more in tune with adolescents ' biological sleep and wake patterns and more closely resembling the adult work day"(NSF).
• “House Congressional Resolution 135 or the "ZZZ 's to A’s" Act would encourage individual schools and school districts all over the country to move school start times to no earlier than 8:30 a.m.” (NSF).
C. What do Professors and researchers say.
• “Dr Kelley and his colleagues, including well-known Oxford sleep researcher Prof Russell Foster, argue that school days should start at 10:00 and…